Sunday, March 13, 2011

March 13th - 100 mile week/4th marathon in 4 weeks!

This past week turned out to be the best week of training of the year. Seems it's all beginning to pay off. Monday was my usual SRD after Sunday's marathon. Tuesday I turned in a solid 22 miler. Wednesday was 18 miles. The next 3 days is where I really saw the benefits. My friend Zach and I turned in a solid 10 miler, hitting the 1st 5 miles in 40:48. The 2nd 5 we really dropped the pace running it in 34:53 with the last 3 miles in 6:58/6:34/6:11! Friday was suppose to be a recovery day but it turned into another solid 11 miler. Avg'd 7:40 overall with the last 2 miles in 6:57/6:50. Saturday I met my friend bob for an easy 9 miles. Again we cruised at a 7:40 pace overall with last 2 miles under 7:10. Very pleased with the last 3 days training. 70 miles heading into Sunday's lower Potomac marathon! I had decided to run with no garmin or watch. Run by feel. during this whole stretch of 6 marathons in 6 weeks the plan is no taper. I want to run tired giving my body little rest. All in preparation for Boston in 36 days! I hit the first half in 1:42 (there was a clock there) 7:47 pace, felt good and in control. The 2nd half I started to push the pace. Found a good rhythm and just clicked off the miles. Hit the 20 mile mark, begin to feel a little fatigue but stay strong. This is what I want, mentally I focused and pushed the pace. By now I had logged 90 miles with a 10k left in the marathon. All was working as I had planned. At mile 25 I really began to feel the affects of the week but I pressed on. I crossed the line in 3:18. I ran the 2nd half in 1:36! A pace of 7:19! I was tired but very happy, I had accomplished what I wanted to do. Once I got home I ran another 4 miles giving me 100.37 miles for the week. I even placed 2 d in my age group. I have 2 more marathons inthe next 2 weeks and I am Looking forward to putting the finishing touches to my Boston training. For me march is crucial go me for my success in Boston! Hopefully this will payoff. Based on the past 2 weeks I have every reason to believe it will. Now to rest up and gear up for week 3 and the shamrock marathon next Sunday! Eye of the tiger!

No comments:

Post a Comment